Wednesday 18 March 2009

Statement About my Final Pieces

My final pieces for my project, consist of seven photographs between the sizes of A5 and A4. The first five photographs are screen grabs of each video I recorded over the period of five days, they are images that have been captured after one minute of film as pasted.


Each photograph from the five days of filming, are to present a moment during my day, in my personal space (bedroom)capturing myself (and who ever maybe with me at the time), lost in my own world.


I thought that the video's effect on my photographic outcomes were great because they looked raw and always had something wrong with the exposure, lighting or contrast. I never edited any of my screen grabs, I just kept them as a original as I created them with my video camera. I wanted to achieve a selection of photographs that looked as raw as Richard Billingham's 'Rays a Laugh' series.
I noticed however the more I got used to working with my camera, I captured a more successful photographs.


I chose the other two photographs to be included into my final collection, (one of my eye and the other one a self portrait that is blurred) because they were two successful photographs that I captured of myself during the project, that looked the interesting. The eye photograph presented the idea of looking into my soul as a photographer and the blurred portrait was to present my confusion at the time about this project when I had no real strong ideas to follow.


I feel that I have enjoyed this project because as soon as I got an idea and a few comments from my class friends that were really positive and helpful, I became much more confident and was always opening up my sketchbook.
I am really happy and proud with my photographs and I have learnt a lot about myself and how I have a few habits... If I had more time I would have wanted to do another weeks worth of filming to get a fuller selection of outcomes.

No comments:

Post a Comment