Friday 13 March 2009

New Day, New Video Clips...


Presenting the idea of seeing myself lost in my own world... In my personal space.


Today I am going to video myself in my personal space again - my bedroom.
For about five minutes, in which I will just carry on with what I was doing beforehand. This time I will place the video camera further away from me, so I am in the full frame, rather than being so close like beforehand, (in my older posts - below). Once it is complete, I am going to take no more than 5 clips that express me lost, in my own personal space.

The most interesting things I have learnt so far from doing this experimental project is that I have noticed that I have a few habits. For example; I like moving around a lot, I can never really seem to sit still. I'm never just sitting around thinking, I'm always doing something in my room, always using my time doing something.

I never really thought this experimental project, involving my life, in my personal space would reflect anything about me , except about what I get up to whilst at home... Very Interesting and intriguing.

1 comment:

  1. Good morning

    I am not sure I would agree with the comment that the camera is too close. I quite like it where it is, I also like the way the image has degraded because of the relatively small digital sensor on the video camera. I think the banality of the images are what makes them, the fact that nothing is happening until you see you have your boyfriend in the room. What will work here is how you sequence and then present the final still images. Perhaps with captions?

    But I do think this is really progressing and I look forward with interest to your final submission.


    Hugh

    ReplyDelete