Wednesday 4 March 2009

Today... Ideas??

Catherine Holland (Myself) eye:


My photography Eye...
Seeing nothing but blur, meaning my ideas are not clear...

Catherine Holland (Self-portrait) Blurred to present my thoughts:


I really don't have an official idea about what or how I will be presenting my world in the form of photographs. This is why I am typing on here, to see if I can think of any ideas and maybe tell them to you, when I think of them... I have always got ideas, but then it is seeing if they are possible to follow...

I think I am going to stop thinking about what technology that I want to to experiment with, for a moment. However I need to think about what my subject matter...

I know I will be presenting 'my world/selection of my world' of it; but I do not know what area?

Like Jay, Bill suggested in 'The Thing Itself' essay in Occam's Razor book; I need a subject matter, that I have a passion about, to keep me interested and excited, about my project and my subject matter must be accessible.

Today... I have shown how I am feeling as a photographer with the idea of starting this project... rather than any ideas...

Maybe I could photograph the same section of an area in my personal space, my bedroom, each day to see my habbits with tidying up and where I place things...

For example:

I took the top one yesterday and the bottom one today...
Noticed the difference?





I think you can tell the difference a lot better when your actually looking at the original photograph to be honest...?

This idea is Sophie Calle and Richard Billingham inspired...

1 comment:

  1. I really like those polaroids and the whole idea about taking pictures of the same area of your room :)

    ReplyDelete